Pages

Saturday 31 January 2009

Signposts


I realised this week that my list of blogs that I follow is a signpost for me. A great big obvious signpost that, although I have noticed it, I hadn't taken steps to follow.

What I mean is that pretty much every blog I enjoy is about creating. Creating delicious food, growing fruit and veg, creating a life that is simpler and more sustainable, creating delightful crafts to please the eye and warm the heart. I enjoy these blogs and yet I don't follow the obvious signpost which is to have a go myself. I know I want to, I know I can and I know I should but I don't. The question is ..Why?

Of course the age old answer for me is tiredness. But I'm tired of being tired. I love to create, I enjoy cooking, I used to sew, I have a visual journal. I know that when I create I feel good about life and about myself. I must not allow my job and my busy days to encroach on my evenings and weekends. My 'not school time' is my life and not the other way around. I am not living at the moment, I am working and watching TV and going to bed. No wonder I feel stressed and low.

I know that another reason I don't create enough to satisfy my soul is TV. Why do I sit and watch rubbish in a catatonic heap night after night?

I am going to pledge now, as a late New Year's Resolution, no not that.....as a New Life Resolution, to create at least one thing a week. It may be a picture, photo, meal, cake, sewing, craft, activity with the children, idea, gardening but I will not allow myself to turn into a person that allows their work to engulf their life and who I do not like or admire. I like and admire my favourite bloggers and so I will follow the signpost pointing me to the way I need to go.


No comments: