Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2009

We apologise for the delay......


Enjoying sunny weather in Crete while visiting my mum.  What a strange 2 weeks it has been!  Our entire house has been packed up and is, at present, sitting in Southampton docks ready to be shipped to Australia.  We've stayed with friends for nights here and there and have been showered with love and care which has been both delightful and humbling. And now am enjoying some time with mum.  On Friday we go back to the UK for the last of the goodbyes (not looking forward to that bit...) and then fly out to Oz on 12th June.  

Head is a bit all over the place to be honest.  Have done a tiny bit of sketching in my journal but not painted yet.  I shall be glad to be fixed in one place for a while when I can catch up on blogging and EDMs

Many thanks to all who commented on my 'staff photo' gift - much appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely my love!! I does look on my sister....I is leaving you a comment so you know. xxxxxx

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Hi Alex, great blog, love the artwork! Especially the staff painting, it's great! when I left the UK, I had my own pre-school and it was in the same building as a nursery school I worked at quite a bit. One of the teachers was an artist and she sketched me a pic of the children playing in the garden, It's one of my most treasures gifts, as I'm sure the staff will treasure yours. Good luck with the move to Oz, I will follow your progress, I know that feeling of maiking such a life changing decision. Happy journey.

Tania said...

I know that all-over-the-placeness. I lived in London for years, married an Englishman and our first was born over in the Mother Country. It was only halfway through pregnancy number two that we migrated our way over to Australia. I haven't forgotten the all kinds of overwhelming. I wish you all the best for those (tricky) farewells and trust that Australia will do its usual welcome!