I thought I'd show you what was made in our house today.
First up - a teacup pouch. This is my first effort and now I can see where I need to make improvements.
1. Line everything up better so the seams match all the way round.
2. Cut the material for the handle on the bias - thought I could get away with it as I had a strip of fabric but, no, it needs to be bias cut.
3. Better free motion embroidery.
4. Make sure material isn't wonky when I attach the zip.
5. Go slower - it is not a race!
Other than that (!) I'm quite pleased with it as the pattern was 4 out of 5 star difficulty rating and I consider myself to be a novice.
The pattern is from the supremely talented Laurraine Yuyrama at Patchwork Pottery.
Next up is some apple, date and cinnamon bread, made by the husband. Smells divine and I shall be having a slice for breakfast tomorrow.
And finally, pizza for tea. Dough made by me (recipe below), toppings of salami and chicken satay.
Recipe for pizza dough that I use (for 3 bases):
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 tsps sugar
- 1 and half tsps salt
- 2 tsps yeast
- good sprinkling of herbs
Mix all this together in a bowl with about 1 and half cups of water until dough is formed. Leave to rise in a lightly oiled bowl for about an hour. Then split into three bits and press into pizza tins.
Much nicer and cheaper than shop bought!